THIS IS A 2019 EVENT! PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER THIS YEAR FOR 2020 REGISTRATION DETAILS, OR JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!
Join Deputy Project Leader Matt Lloyd of Willapa National Wildlife Refuge for an unforgettable expedition to Long Island, the largest estuary island on the Pacific Coast. This tour is from 11:30 - 4:00pm. Board the barge for a voyage on Willapa Bay along the southern shoreline of the island. Arriving on the western side of the island, you’ll begin a 2 mile round trip hike to the Ancient Cedar Grove, one of the last remnants of the old growth coastal forest once common in southwestern Washington. With trees that are over 1,000 years old, Long Island supports populations of birds and other biodiversity rarely found anywhere else.
- Held at the Willapa National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters at 3888 US-101, Ilwaco, WA 98624 on the east side of Willapa Bay; barge leaves at 11:30am
- Limited to 50 participants
- Must be a registered attendee of Wings Over Willapa
- Terrain on Long Island is uneven with some step hills, exposed roots, etc.
- Personal flotation device—the Refuge has very limited supply of vests so please bring your own. All participants MUST wear a PFD.
PLEASE NOTE: One checkout per mailing address; include the full names of all registrants.