Discovering Long Island – Friday 9/24, 12:30pm – 6:30pm
Looking for a longer hike and more time to discover Long Island, the largest estuarine island on the Pacific Coast? Refuge Equipment Operator Jonathan Bates will shuttle small groups by boat from the Cutthroat Creek boat launch to Long Island every 15 minutes between 12:30 -3:30pm. The last boat shuttle back from the island will be at 6:00pm. Once on the Island, hike at your own pace 6 miles roundtrip through the heart of Long Island and to the Ancient Cedar Grove, one of the last remnants of the old growth coastal forest in southwest Washington. Discover information along the way from local experts like Jackie Ferrier, Project Leader for the Willapa National Wildlife Refuge, and local botanist Kathleen Sayce.
- Held at Cutthroat Creek boat launch, 3888 US-101, Ilwaco, WA 98624 on the east side of Willapa Bay
- Limited to 40 participants
- Must be a registered attendee of Wings Over Willapa
- Terrain on Long Island is uneven with some steep hills, exposed roots, etc.
- Please wear weather-appropriate clothing and footwear
- Personal flotation device—All participants MUST wear a PFD. These will be provided by the Refuge.
PLEASE NOTE: One checkout per mailing address; include the full names of all registrants.
Ticket Options - free