Young Birders Walk on the Discovery Trail – Sat September 25, 9am – 11am
This field trip, exclusively for young naturalists in Elementary or Middle school will follow the path of the Long Beach Discovery Trail. A wonderful, and easily accessible trail, the Discovery Trail traverses the coastal habitats of the Pacific Northwest home to a unique variety of birds. Together with experienced young birder, Rowan Young-McMurchie, participants will learn the basics of birding and learn techniques for identifying different bird species on an easy-to-moderate hike while seeing many birds and having fun along the way. Parents are welcomed and recommended with younger children.
- Meet at Seaview Beach Approach at the west end of 38th Pl, Seaview, WA at 8:55 AM.
- Limited to 12 child participants, must be a registered attendee of Wings Over Willapa.
- All walking abilities welcome. Paved, and unpaved areas of trail, generally an easy to moderate walk.
- Walking distance 1-3 miles.
- We encourage you to explore eBird before the field trip so you can either keep lists or just learn about eBird.
Ticket Options - free